topbar

Monday, May 16, 2016

Communion dress #2: a Tinny dress for Mila

Last week I showed you the Jaanu dress I sewed for Livs first communion party. But Liv wasn't the only one I dressed for this special occasion! For her sister Mila, I sewed a very special Tinny dress.

Mila

The sisters are very alike yet different too. Therefore I chose matching fabrics (the same orange-pinkish color but with a different print) and matching patterns (Jaanu and Tinny, both by StraightGrain).

MilaLiv

Her only wish for the dress was a bow. That reminded me of the Antoinette dress, once sold for the good cause by Spiegelstiksels, sadly not for sale anymore. The largest Antoinette size is size 8, way too small for ten-year-old Mila. That's why I took the Tinny dress as a basis and added the Antoinette features: the pockets, the pleated skirt, the V-shaped neckline and the bow. 

Mila
Mila
Mila

Again, I chose a handprinted fabric by Lotte Martens, this one is called Bromelia and has a border print with orange flowers. I cut the skirt pieces in that way that the flowers appear in the front and in the back. For the bow, I chose an orange striped fabric by Petit Pan. The color is almost fluorescent and very difficult to photograph. The picture underneath gives an idea of the real colors.

Mila-details

Mila was very happy with her dress, especially since the fit was loose enough to jump and run around at the party. Mission accomplished!

Mila


Both sisters were so beautiful together, I couldn't help taking lots of pictures :-)

Mila
MilaLiv
MilaLiv
MilaLiv
Livs dress: blogged about here
dress fabric: Bromelia by Lotte Martens
bow fabric: Rigato Orange by Petit Pan
piping: Hexagoon Leuven
pattern: mixed Tinny - Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin